Simulated training. Real opportunity.
Patient Simulation Internship- NEW for Summer 2017
Lake Success, NY
At Northwell Health, our leading-edge clinical simulation technology is vital to our ability to deliver the highest quality patient care. Our Simulation Technologists and Technicians play a key role in making it all happen. If you’re looking to become an important part of innovative care, our Patient Simulation Internship is the place to start.
About the internship.
This is a full-time, paid internship. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm, with some flexibility required. The internship will provide you with an immersive experience in the field of simulation education. At the completion of the internship, you will have an understanding of:
- The many important roles and responsibilities of a simulation technologist/technician, including the design of simulation scenarios and the operation and maintenance of simulation mannequins
- The operation of common high fidelity simulators and part-task trainers
- The design and operation of a simulation center that serves an integrated, 23 hospital health system
- How simulation programs are initiated, designed, implemented and evaluated for effectiveness
- Currently enrolled as a junior or senior in a Bachelor’s Degree program
- EMT, Paramedic or other clinical/patient care background
- Basic knowledge of technology
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Ability to think and problem solve independently
- Motivated and inquisitive
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- The position involves lifting and moving of human patient simulator mannequins that weigh approximately 100 pounds
About the Patient Safety Institute.
The Patient Safety Institute (PSI) is the high fidelity simulation center for Northwell Health. As a corporate resource for the entire health system, we provide opportunities for experiential learning that furthers the corporate mission and vision. We facilitate over one hundred simulation programs within a 22-bed simulated hospital, that includes an operating room and technical procedure room.